Efficient administrative services to the public, technical and support Departments.
To maintain efficient and effective administrative department for improved service delivery
The Administration Department Service Charter is an attempt to serve the public, technical and support departments/divisions at the headquarters and field offices. The Departments will also serve Cooperative College of Kenya, New KCC Ltd and KFA (GOP) Ltd better than hitherto. Through Administration Department, liaison with other Ministries/Department and stakeholders will be enhanced for the mutual benefit.
- The Department of Administration was set up as a unit of the then Ministry of Cooperative Development in 1966.
- The department offers services to other departments/divisions in the Ministry. To the general public, it receives and addresses complaints/demands.
The Department of Administration is committed to serve cooperators and the general public with devotion, fairness, and promptly. The Department devotes its energies and concern to:
- Attend to official enquiries within ten minutes.
- Respond to correspondences within one day.
- Respond to telephone calls within five minutes.
- Access a document within ten minutes.
- Observe punctuality and attend to clients in respectful and cordial manner within 5 minutes.
- Hand-deliver letters/documents in Nairobi city within one hour.
- To attend to enquiries and complaints with confidentiality and promptly.
- Maintain GK vehicles to the highest standards.
- Expedite movement of files and documents within one hour.
- Services at the receptions desks, administration registries and library are offered at no cost.
- When being referred to another Government Ministry or Department, instructions will be done courteously and speedily at no cost.
- When asked to return to the Department next time the problem will be attended to within ten minutes on arrival.
ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT COMMITS ITSELF:
- When delivering mails or a document to Administration Department ensure the recipient signs in the delivery book.
- When borrowing a book or document from the library ensure that you sign in the register likewise when returning the book/document sign in the register.
- When making telephone call note the name of the officer you are talking to.
- When presenting a complaint ask for the name of the officer being talked to, his/her telephone number.
- Do not attempt to bribe any officer in the administration department. It is an offence to do so contrary to Section 39 Subsection 1(a) and (b) of the Anti-corruption and Economic Crimes Act, 2003.
- To be courteous to the public.
- Not to misuse GK vehicles or any other Government property.
- To be efficient in delivering services to the public.
- Not to be corruptible.
- To be dressed decently.
The Administration Department believes firmly in efficient and effective communication for timely delivery of services. The department will therefore ensure that it communicates with cooperators and the general public on the progress of their complaints/demands received.
Aggrieved or dissatisfied parties are free to complain to PRO or SDS/Administration. Alternatively the written complaint may be dropped in the suggestion boxes located at the reception desks or mailed to the Department. The complaints will be addressed if verbal within ten minutes and if mailed within two days upon receipt of the complaint. Prompt feedback will be highly appreciated and feed-forward will be ensured