To achieve effective use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the management of cooperatives.
To create reliable and sustainable information infrastructure and high quality, customer-focused systems and business solutions that can effectively support the management of cooperatives and delivery of services in the industry.
The ICT Division in the Ministry of Cooperative Development and Marketing is a service provider of ICT services to other departments and is mandated to:
- Act as Secretariat to the Ministerial ICT/e-Government Steering Committee;
- Provide technical support relating to acquisition, development, management and other ICT resource decisions in compliance with officially mandated technical standards provided by the e-Government Directorate;
- Provide technical and operational support for systems and infrastructure including networks, websites, e-mail, databases and ministry specific applications;
- Provide user support and training on relevant software packages and tailor made applications;
- Develop and implement annual ICT work plan in line with the strategic plan of the ministry;
The ICT Division is committed to:
The Division is committed to deliver quality and efficient ICT services and products with integrity, courtesy, honesty, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Provide efficient and timely technical services/support with dedication and integrity.
- Provide ICT literacy training and create awareness to all members of the ministry.
- Ensure efficacy in use of ICT equipment.
- Adhere to the laid down rules, procedures and standards to ensure that quality is maintained in the acquisition of ICT equipment and services.
- Provide ICT help desk that responds to all requests from our clients.
RIGHTS OF USERS OF OUR SERVICES
- To respond to users request immediately the call is received.
- Presenting complaints on unsatisfactory services delivered
The division endeavors to nurture effective communication both within the division and also with all other departments/persons concerned and will hence strive to pass on any information in form of Circulars, Memos, Letters, telephone calls or e-mail regarding ICT services in the Ministry.
- To report all technical problems with your equipment.
- Ensure that all ICT equipment are covered and are not subjected to bad conditions.
- Ensure proper utilization of ICT resources.
- Any feedback on the timely service or otherwise to the division will be welcome to enhance its performance.