Head of Planning
"To achieve excellence in provision of quality co-operative development planning and statistical services"
"To maintain high planning standards and provide quality economic planning information services in the Ministry"
The Planning and Project Monitoring Division (PPMD) is mandated to perform the following functions: -
- Policy formulation, analysis and review in the co-operative sector.
- Identification and preparation of sector programmes and projects in collaboration with technical departments.
- Carrying out feasibility studies and appraisal of sector programmes and projects.
- Undertaking continuous monitoring and evaluation of sector programmes and projects.
- Collection, analysis, storage and dissemination of sector statistics.
- Economic review of the co-operative sector.
- Carrying out socio-economic studies.
- Review of public expenditure in the ministry.
- Coordination of economic integration matters.
- Coordination of development external resources.
- Preparation of the Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) in collaboration with Finance Division and Technical Departments.
- Monitoring implementation of the Economic Recovery Strategy for Wealth and Employment Creation and National Development Plans.
- The DPD is committed to serve you with courtesy, honesty, integrity and fairness.
- We commit ourselves to:
- Attend to you within five (15) minutes of your visit.
- Respond to your correspondence within seven (7) days upon receipt of your letter.
- Give you the best economic and statistical advice that suits your requirements and treat your concern with the urgency it deserves.
- Economic and Policy Issues
- Depending on the availability of information, your enquiries on economic matters in the sector will be attended to immediately upon request.
- Due to dynamism of policy development, specific policies will be formulated, analysed and reviewed as need arises.
- Planning and Budgeting
- Upon receiving your annual goals and objectives, Work Plans in Strategic Plan will be updated annually and the inputs will be considered during the national development planning. A Budget will be prepared three (3) months before the beginning of a financial year.
- Upon receiving your annual financial requirements, the MTEF budget will be prepared immediately according to Treasury procedures.
- Ministerial Public expenditure review (PER) will be done annually according to Treasury procedures.
- Project Management
- Upon your identification of a sector problem, and provision of the relevant information, a programme or project proposal will be developed within six (6) weeks.
- Once a project or programme has been designed, appraisal will be done within four (4) months.
- Upon project/programme appraisal, project document will be finalised within five (45) days.
- The project/programme Document will be forwarded to the Treasury within five (5) months upon completion of the document.
- Upon receiving funding commitment, the project/programme will be factored in the immediate next supplementary budget or financial year budget.
- Once the project/programme has started, monitoring and evaluation will be done every three (3) months.
- Information Management
- Cooperative statistics will be collected continuously, stored in a computerized databank and will be compiled in the Economic Review of the Co-operative Sector within three (3) months after the closure of a calendar year.
- Your enquiries on co-operative statistics will be attended to over the counter within ten (10) minutes of request.
Our services are free and you are entitled to complain against any officer in the Division. In case of experiencing any difficulty in obtaining service in the Division, please ask to see the Head of Planning and if you are dissatisfied, report the matter to the Permanent Secretary.
- Planning process involves teamwork and consultations. For us to be successful in planning we require your strong co-operation in providing the necessary information and dedication to work together.
- Upon request or through volunteering, you are obliged to disclose and provide any information deemed necessary for statistics collection, review of the performance of the sector and for any planning purpose beneficial to the Ministry and the public.
- Where statistical, policy and budget information has been misrepresented or misreported, it is your responsibility to report to the Division for correction.
- In case you borrow any policy or economic document from DPD library, you are obliged to return the document as required without being followed.
- We appreciate any feedback from you on the services rendered by our Division.